Tuesday, March 15, 2011

dads.

A dear friend of mine's father passed away this week. He lost a strong fight with cancer and I know it was hard to say goodbye but even harder to see him struggle with the disease. It's a weird age we are growing into where we have to handle death on a regular basis.
I don't know if I will ever be "ready" to see either of my parents pass away. In fact, I really can't imagine it and just thinking about it is such a struggle. What strength my friends that have lost theirs have...what incredible people your parents made.
My dad...dancing at my sisters wedding.
At Christmas. Never wants anything, always positive, loves cracking lame jokes and then laughing at himself, friend to everyone.

Our first Gatlinburg trip. He can not sit still and relax...always up for exploring, making an adventure.
He truly is the greatest man I know. Here's to those lucky enough to have great dads. Hug them, call them...every day with them makes us better people.

No comments: